Friday, May 7, 2010

Yoga...sheesh!

Holy cow.

I've never felt more like quitting and curling up into a pudgy pile of failure goo than I did with the Yoga X workout last night. Thank goodness for the boyfriend - I kept yelling that I wanted to quit (starting at about the 15 minute mark. The workout is an hour and a half.) and he kept telling me not to. My hero!

I'm a perpetually unflexible person. Seriously. I've never been able to bend down and touch my toes in my life. No lie. So after 15 minutes of Downward Dog merging into various poses, I was seriously ready to quit. Seriously. But I stuck with it. I actually felt a little nauseous after...maybe I worked harder than I thought!

And this morning...oh man! My shoulders are SOOOO sore. Stupid Downward Dog.

I was really looking forward to the Yoga, like I said yesterday. One of my shouted complaints to the boyfriend was "This isn't stretching! It's very slow exercising!" Which is true. I was under the impression that yoga was just a serious of stretches - WRONG! It's a serious of stretches - true - while holding all of your weight on one foot and balancing with your body twisting like a pretzel. I know how they feel know - the pretzels - tortured.

On a lighter note, I went to a friend's art show last night with the boyfriend and his mom. It was amazing! Kudos to her - she is an incredble photographer. I was so proud!

After, we went and had a pretty awesome dinner. I had a salad and pesto pasta - not the healthiest choice, AGAIN, but I order the smaller portion and only ate about half. The salad had actually filled me up!

Tonight I've got Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X. It's almost the end of my first week of P90X and I've made it through everything so far, no matter how badly I wanted to quit. I'm proud of myself! Not something I've felt in relation to fitness in a long time. It's a nice feeling.

So, until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment