Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Adventures

Sorry it's been so long. I became distracted and felt like taking a weekend of neglecting responsibilities! So I did.

Let's see if I can remember everything that's happened since last Thursday.

Hmmmm....

Thursday's Yoga session went better, but I still hated it. It's because I'm not good at it. I wobble and fall and don't have the strength to raise myself into certain poses - it's kind of discouraging, but I know that's onyl because I like to be good at things AS SOON AS I start them. Seriously. Drove my mom crazy when I was a kid!

Friday's Leg & Back was tough - remember I couldn't finish last week due to some family things? Well I finished this week and boy oh boy! There are some hard things! It did make me realize how badly I need a chin up bar - the entire back portion of the DVD was done on a chin up. Okay, I exaggerated a little - but not much. I need one ASAP. And Ab Ripper was extra hard having just done legs!! But I made it through and made us some yummy shish kabobs and brown rice for dinner!! Yay healthy!

Saturday...Saturday...Saturday...What happened on Saturday?

Oh yeah.

A man leapt in front of my BRAND NEW CAR on the FREEWAY.

Oh yes. You read that correctly.

Let me start from the beginning.

I was off to a lovely breakfast with my mom so she could meet my new car. Halfway there on the free, there is a man walking on the side of the road. Obviously, he is a crazy person, because he decides that the best way to get me to slow down and let him into my car is to jump in front of me while I am careening towards him at 70 miles an hour. Thank GOD I was in my new car and my brakes were a week old rather than 23 years old. I would have smashed him in my old car, I'm sure of it.

He stood there, shirtless, holding his hand up like "Look, I hurt my hand, please let me in your car."

Yeah, right.

While I was parked on the freeway and traffic continued to flow around us, the man may have noticed he was being a crazy person. Maybe it was the fact that I was staring at him in complete shock. Either way, he sauntered off to the side of the road, still talking to me (I had my windows up so I have no idea what he was saying, but by the look on his face he was begging me to take pity on him.), and I was able to drive safely away.

And call the police. What if he had jumped out in front of someone with less reliable brakes or a slower reaction time? He'd probably be dead, the people in the car would be injured and traumatized for LIFE, and there may have been others involved as well. They said they would send someone to pick him up. I sure hope they found him.

To whoever was driving behind me, thank you. Thank you for paying attention to your surroundings and having a quick enough reaction time to stop after I slammed on my brakes, succesfully keeping yourself from crumpling the end of my new car and possibly injuring both of us. Thank you for keeping your car in good condition so you and I can count on your brakes to keep us safe. Thank You.

I'm glad I was going to see my mom - it was great to get a Mom Hug after I almost ran over a crazy.

When I got home, I took Bear for an hour walk and did my Kenpo DVD, which is growing on me. It seems easy enough, but I am always plastered in sweat when I finish.

On Sunday, I took the day off, except for a quick walk with The Boyfriend and Bear and The Boyfriend's sister and The Dog That Hates Bear (aka Sydney. She only hates him when there are people around.) in the sunshine and had a delicious dinner while watching the Survivor finale.

Any Survivor fans?

I HATE Russell. That man is evil and needs to go contaminate some other planet with his vileness.

Let's see.

Tonight I have Chest and Back, Cardio Kickboxing and Ab Ripper X. I'm looking forward to class, but the muscles along my shins are still hurting! I don't want to give up class, even for a week or two, but I may need to in order to heal. I'll see how it goes...but man do they hurt!!

I'm thinking of making something with chicken tonight...imagine that! It's my favorite meat. Hmmm.

I'm feeling adventurous, but kind of thinking I may end up grilling the chicken and steaming some veggies because it's SO easy and Monday's are rough in the time department. Class gets over at 6:30, then shopping, usually home by 7:30, 16 minutes of Ab Ripper, about 15 minutes to shower and put clothes on...that puts us at 8 before I even START cooking. And, The Boyfriend has softball on Monday nights so he can't usually take over the cooking duties.

It's complicated. Welcome to life, Jessi. Welcome to life.

Also, I plan on weighing myself tonight, so I'll be able to tell you if my hard work has paid off at all yet.

Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. I have a chinup bar for you. I'll get it to you when I give you my old yoga blocks.

    This is my first blog experience. I'm a blog-gin. Or was until just now. At least the suspense is over.

    Don't forget, muscle weighs more than fat. And it looks and tastes better, too!

    Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess, congrats on your efforts to keep fit. It's a life long struggle but don't ever give up. Great car, Love aunt Celia

    ReplyDelete