Monday, May 24, 2010

New workout week!

Sorry I haven't written for a while. Friday's are crazy busy at work because I usually have a short day from working longer than 8 hour days the rest of the week, but there is just as much work to do in 6 or 4 hour day!!
I missed last thursday's Yoga session. I just couldn't do it. I tried to motivate all day and couldn't bring myself to face that hour and a half of h-e-double hockey sticks. Instead, I cuddled on the couch with The Boyfriend and watched movies. It was exactly what I needed!

Friday's Legs & Back was awesome - I woke up super sore the next day because I added my 5 pound weights to the moves where weight was suggested. Ouch! But the soreness is so good- it means somthing's happening in there!

Saturday's Kenpo was pretty normal - I made it through fine and didn't get sore. I think it's the easiest of the DVD's, but that's because I've been doing Cardio kickboxing since January.

On Sunday, The Boyfriend and I went to visit my mom. We had a good time, I took them out to lunch, and we got to chat for a while. I also picked up her old yoga blocks and a chin-up bar! Yay! Thanks, Mom!

I am so ecited for this new part of P90X. I get to add some new DVD's, and it's called a rest week, which is just perfect because I caught The Boyfriend's cold.

The part I'm NOT excited about is that not only do I have Yoga tonight, I've got it on Saturday, too! They're trying to kill me. I am looking forward to trying out the Core Synergistics DVD tomorrow though. I can't tell from the name whether it will be a calm, stretching DVD like X Stretch, or something more like Yoga but centered on the core. I'll find out tomorrow!

I won't peek ahead because I like surprises. Also, if I peek and don't like the look of it, I won't do it. I know myself. So, the DVD's stay unwatched until I come to them!

Yesterday was a little funny in the fodo department. The Boyfriend, my mom and I went out and grabbed some burgers for lunch. They were pretty tasty, but the fries stole the show. I didn't order any, but wound up picking off of both of my date's plates. Yum!

Then, The Boyfriend's mom made burgers for dinner! Burger overload! But...she made a few spicy lamb burgers. I normally wouldn't try them - they sound a little far outside my comfort zone - but since I'd already had a normal burger for lunch, I figured I'd give the lamb burger a shot. And it was good!! The Boyfriend stayed inside his comfort zone and inhaled politely nibbled on his regular burger.

Then we both went to bed and crashed since we were sick. Boo.

I don't know what I'm in the mood for tonight. Something simple because neither of us feels like cooking. And something soothing...but not soup. I don't like soup.

Hmm.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment