Thursday, May 6, 2010

So sore

Ouch.

Today is a full body soreness I haven't felt in a while. I've got the 2nd day soreness coming in from Plyo on Tuesday, and a whole lot of sore coming from my upper body workout last night.

I actually had fun doing it - I made my own little sets using 3 machines and then tried to do between 15 and 30 reps at each maching before moving on to the next. I did each set 3 times. It was like a fun little game!

The negatives of last night were that I only made it to the halfway point of kickboxing before heading home. My legs were just too sore to fully complete the moves, and I could tell that if I kept going I would pay for it today in both my muscles and in terms of exhaustion.

Plus, yesterday was Cinco de Mayo! After class, I had to run to the store to get ingredients for Chicken Fajitas, one of my favorite things to make. I haven't made them since college, when my best friend (and roommate) lived off of them.

When I arrived at home, I still had the Ab Ripper X DVD to do, so I busted that out, with only a slight interruption by my dog getting sick only a foot away from my head. Nice. So, pause, clean, play. Then a delicious, delicious warm shower to soothe my muscles and cleanse my body. It was great, but short. I still had to cook after all!

My fajitas turned out great. The boyfriend helped me by cutting up the chicken while I cut the veggies (peppers, mushrooms and onion), add a little oil to veggies, let 'em cook, squeeze in half a lime on both the chicken and the veggies, and some spice, put on a can of refried black beans, and wa la! Tasty chicken fajitas. I LOVED them. I think I needed everything in that meal - protein, vitamins from the veggies, and the carbs. I need to keep myself in check though - rich dinners two nights in a row! Tonight I'm thinking maybe a grilled chicken salad. I might even branch out and try fish, although I've never made it before in my entire life. No joke. I'm not a fan! Maybe shrimp? I'll figure out something that's healthy, light and filling.

Tonight it's Yoga X, the longest DVD and from what I hear, really intense yoga. But I'm looking forward to it. Flexibility is not my strong suit, so this will help. Plus, it will almost be like a nice recovery day!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment