Thursday, June 3, 2010

Triumphant return

And....

I'm back! It's been a week since I've written and to be honest, not THAT much has happened.

I spent Memorial Weekend at The Boyfriend's aunt's house, where I slept a lot and we played a lot of indoor card games. It was what I needed to get better! Lots of sleep, being able to kick back and read not one but two books, and many, many, many tissues and glasses of water. I didn't work out at all for the last week hardly, but I figure if I'm going to sick and need time off from exercising, the scheduled down week was an okay time to do it!

Tuesday, I was feeling well enough to give exercise a shot. It was a Plyo day, and I did pretty well considering the fact that I basically hadn't moved for the last 3 days. I didn't make it through the whole DVD, however, because my energy was so low that by th 30 minute mark, I could barely move across the room, let alone jump across it. So, I threw in the towel.

Then I made a yummy chipotle-orange chicken with steamed broccoli and brown rice for dinner. Scrumptious! it was my first time making it and I liked it a lot! Now I have lot's of leftover chipotle peppers if I want to make it again!

Turned out that throwing in the towel was a good idea, because it allowed me to have a great Biceps and Back workout yesterday! the little bit of cardio jump started my system (or at least I like to think so) so I was ready to get some lifting in. It was my first time with the Biceps & Back workout, and I loved it! I felt really strong throughout the whole thing, and my arms were deliciously wobbly at the end.

I made what is going to be one my new favorite meals - steak teriyaki stir fry! MMMMMMmmmm it turned out deliciou - and I'd never made it before! Two new meals that were a success with both me and The Boyfriend in two days! Score!

So, I cooked the veggies and the meat separately. I cooked the meat in teriyaki sauce, vinegar and garlic. The veggies (There were a bunch - Red & Orange Bell Pepper, Snow Peas, Baby Carrots, Spinach and Mushrooms) were cooked with a little bit of garlic, garlic salt, pepper, teriyaki, soy sauce, olive oil and vinegar. I'm a vinegar fiend. In fact, the only complaint The Boyfriend has was that there was too much vinegar in the dish! Who knew there was such a thing. I found these delicious spicy sesame noodles that cook in three minutes, and I threw everything together. YUM!! We also had The Boyfriend's sister over for dinner, and she approved. Double score :)

Tonight it's Yoga, so I'm hoping I'll be able to make it all the way through since it's lower impact. I haven't decided what to have for dinner yet - I was thinking fajitas, but my best friend is coming to town the next night and those used to be our thing, so maybe I'll save them for a walk down memory lane. Maybe some good old spaghetti? I could try making some turkey meatballs. Or maybe I'll try my hand at fish...nah! Might stick with Chicken and Pasta and steamed asparagus. A good go-to meal for short notice dinners!

Until tomorrow...I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment