Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rainy Days

Well hello!

Today is one of my favorite days - I woke up to a cloud of fog rolling slowly past my window and the gentle sound of rain. It made me want to stay in bed all day with a cup of tea, bowl of oatmeal and the delicious book I am reading right now. That would make it one of my favorite days. (Side note - the only reason I was okay with this day happening in freakin' JUNE is because we finally had some sunshine the last few days. Ask me last week, and I would have said I'd like to smack the weather right in it's gloomy face. Yeah. That would make some sunshine happen!)

Guess I'll just settle for a bowl of oatmeal in front of the computer at work. Le sigh.

Tuesday's Core Synergistics was a bust again. I just can't get into that one! I even tried to do Ab ripper afterwards to no avail - I just wasn't into it. The "I don't wanna's" had me tight in their grip and weren't letting go. So, I did what anynone do. I made spaghetti. :) Yum! It was fantastic. I didn't even overcook the spelt noodles like I usually do! I kept a good eye on them and they turned out great.

Yesterday was Kenpo, which, as you know, I love. It's fun, and what I think I like most about it is the fact that it's relatively easy but really makes me sweat. I finished up with half of Ab Ripper because I realized it was 7 pm and I still hadn't started the rice for dinner! So, I hopped in and out of the shower and got rolling on dinner. It turned out great - another steak stir fry, minus the noodles, + some brown rice. This one, The Boyfriend had no complaints about! I used less balsamic and added a tablespoon of toasted sesame oil. He couldn't stop saying yum! Always an ego booster. :)

Today is the perfect workout for a lazy, gloomy, rainy day. X Stretch. Yes, I'm serious, there is a day just fro stretching that's not yoga! I'm looking forward to it since I missed it the last ret week due to being ill. And I'm thinking chicken shish kabobs tonight! Or maybe tomato soup and grilled cheese. It's a favorite of ours and always seems to call to us on rainy days. I'll let you know what we decide.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment